LoRaWAN_RU-868-Regional_Parameters_v1.0 2017-01-24

LoRaWAN_RU-868-Regional_Parameters_v1.0

1. nestorayuso

nestorayuso New Member

2. hobo

hobo Member

Nice to see you here, Nestor,

>The RX2 receive window uses a fixed frequency and data rate. The default parameters are 15 869.525 MHz / DR0 (SF12, 125 kHz)

869.525 may not be used here in Russia. That doc seems to be of very, very preliminary version.

3. Aleksander74

Aleksander74 New Member

Nestor,
    Do you have any information about the date of issuing a new version of Regional Parameters (revision B) in 2017?

4. nestorayuso

nestorayuso New Member

In the latest version of specification (LoRaWAN 1.1) there is no official Regional Parameters for russia.
    but the next revision will add new regions, including Russia and Latin America.

5. Aleksander74

Aleksander74 New Member

Thank you for fast reply,

I made requests to several vendors and found out that the new revision of Regional Parameters is going to be issued in 2017.
    But I have found no any official announces about working on RU868 for Russia.
    Do you know any official sources and sites I can check to be aware of news?
    Do you have any information about approximate date of Regional Parameters release?

Thanks!

6. nestorayuso

nestorayuso New Member

7. Aleksander74

Aleksander74 New Member

Thanks.

Replies from LoRaWan Alliance to my email, November 23, 2017:

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm release dates for any new deliverables. Please keep an eye on our website https://www.lora-alliance.org/technology for the release of any new Specifications and Regional Parameters. If you send us an email we would be happy to forward the documents to you once they come available.
    Please let us know if we can provide any additional assistance.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm at this time if next released deliverable of the LoRaWAN Regional Parameters may contain a Russian ISM Band.
    Please let us know if we can provide any additional assistance.
    ...​

8. hobo

hobo Member

Alliance have been waiting for a GKRCh (State Radiofrequency Bands Comission) decision on new ISM band regulations since January or so...

Curious to see the press releases about roaming agreements between EU and RF operators :) Pity crooks...

9. Aleksander74

Aleksander74 New Member

Hello,

It does not sound very promising )

I'm not aware of actual problems of GKRCh, but maybe, the reason is already present systems in Russia like a Strij.
    The systems is similar, and it is very unconvinient to give a chance to choose the one, it is better to delay the decision as long as possible to let Strij to improve it's positions...)))
    The only thing left is to wait and believe.